All About ACLs
Helps athletes learn to combine strength, flexibility, agility, and technique in
their workouts to prevent injury to the ACL.
During your examination we will identify and correct risk factors that may
predispose you to ACL tears.
At each session, you will:
- Perform strengthening and stretching exercises
- Perform dynamic sport-specific jumping and landing exercises
- Perform agility and balance exercises
- Learn the anatomy and function of the ACL
- Reduce pain and swelling
- Restore full knee motion and strengthen key muscles
- Learn about surgery and what to do post-surgery
- Restore motion and strength
- Avoid injury to the new graft
- Resume normal gait and return to daily activities
Return to Play
Often four to eight months following surgery further work is needed to restore
the knee to 100% and restore confidence when returning to full athletic activity.
These sessions include:
- Advanced strengthening and plyometric drills
- Agility exercises for lateral and pivoting movements
- Sport-specific drills
Contact us today to learn more about our All About ACLs program.
"At age 46 I tore my ACL, MCL, and both menisci in my knee. I never thought I would pursue my passion of tennis again. The initial rehab got me on my feet again, but it was the harder, more dynamic exercises later on that did the trick. Now I'm back playing better than ever."
--Susan Bates, Patient